Posted by: mommyq | October 18, 2005

Fall is in the air…

Something happened last night that has not happened for some time! Sydney woke up twice last night to eat! I knew we were in for it since she was 4 ounces shy of her daily total when she went to bed but, I figured she would get up once and be done with it!

It was about 3:30 or so when I heard the first peeps. She was laughing and squealing and talking to herself at first. (not as cute at this time of the morning!!!) I hoped that she would just put herself back to sleep but, after about 40 minutes, the chatter turned into the cough, cough, cry of hunger. She finished 2 ounces and passed out cold. So, I put her back in her crib and went back to bed. No sooner did I fall asleep before I heard the laughter, squeals and chatter of earlier. The clock read 5am. This time, I didn’t even bother waiting for the cough, cough, cry, I just got up, prepared 2 ounces and gave it to her! LOL I was again JUST getting to sleep when the PHONE RANG!! It was Toronto EMS finding out if Patrick was available to work! MAN! He was up an hour later to get ready for work and I managed to sleep till about 8pm or so. It really is amazing how QUICKLY your body gets adjusted to NO interruptions during the night because I was like a zombie today!

We had a pretty lazy day for the most part and thankfully, Syd napped like a dream. She went down for 1.5 hours in the morning and then another hour in the afternoon. At about 5pm, she started to get cranky so, we went for our afternoon walk. I have always loved the sounds, smells and sights of fall but this year, I get to experience it all over again through the eyes of a baby. Syd loves to hear the wind whistling through the trees and the sound it makes and she absolutely squeals with delight when the wind picks up and gusts all around her. When I check her to see if she is cold, she smiles up at me as if to say, “you are the bestest mommy in the whole wide world for bringing me out here! I LOVE IT!” Her grin is from ear to ear.

We got back at about 5:45 and Pat called to tell us he would be home in about 1 hour. I decided to hold off on Syd’s bath so that he could do it when he got home. I could sense Syd was missing her daddy and I know he has been missing her so, I wanted them to have some fun time together.

She got a bit cranky at around 6pm and I put her in her crib so she could have a quick cat nap before her bath. It worked out perfectly and was just what she needed to put her in better spirits. And of course, once daddy got her in the bath, she was a happy camper.

Daddy did a nice job of brushing her hair,

and then the two hammed it up for the camera:

In this pic, I SWEAR she is thinking “Daddy, mommy is taking a picture of meeeeeeeee. Get out of my light!”

After her bath, she had her bottle and went down for the count.

Tomorrow is going to be an early day… My mom is having a biopsy and cannot drive herself so Syd and I are picking her up at 8am to take her over to Scarborough General. I was going to leave the baby with Pat but, he has a job interview so I will be dropping him off at the GO station instead and will have to take the baby with me. My mom’s doctor is pretty confident that what they found from the mammogram is just calcium as she had something almost identical last year and it turned out to be nothing. So, I have my fingers crossed that this will be the same.

Well, I am off to get some MUCH needed sleep and I have my fingers crossed that little Miss doesn’t have a repeat of last night! LOL



  1. Sue I hope everything goes ok with your mom. Tell her not to worry, i had the same thing alot of calcium also, she will be fine.

    Teta Mila

    • Thanks Teta.

      I think it is just calcium as well same as the last time.

  2. Hi Sue,

    I hope your mom is okay, I didn’t know about the biopsy….good luck today.


    • Yeah, I found out when I went to pick her up that she didn’t tell ANYONE because she didn’t want people to worry! Ooooopss! Guess the “secret” is out!

  3. Good luck today Sue! I’ll be thinking of your Mom today.

    Love Dane 🙂

    • Aw.. Sue, I am sure your mom will be fine. I’ll keep her in my prayers all the same. hugs.


      • Thanks Sandra! 🙂

        Now it is just waiting 2 weeks for the results! But, she said the last time they called her within a few days with the results so hopefully they are as quick this time around.

    • Thanks Dane.

      It seems to have gone well. I talked to her this morning and she isn’t feeling any pain.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: