Posted by: mommyq | November 21, 2005

Happy Mommy! :)

I keep meaning to blog in the evenings but then, I get busy and then tired and then before I know it, it is midnight! So, tonight, I am fighting through the yawns to post!!!

Pat is on DAYS this week and it is SOOOO fantastic. Friday morning when he got home, he didn’t want to go to bed right away so, he suggested we get dressed and go out.

While he was in the bathroom, I had Syd doing some tummy time and snapped a CUTE CUTE pic:

If you will notice, she has a mark under her mouth on the left side. Well, that was from the previous day when she decided to take a CHUNK out of her face! (and this was with FRESHLY cut nails) I got her out of her crib after a nap and noticed a little spot of blood on her chin so, I wiped it and it pooled up again. It was one of those annoying gouges that takes FOREVER to stop bleeding. Couple that with the few scratches she had on her forehead from the day before and she looked like she had just gotten out of a cat fight! LOL

She was just about to crack a big smile in this one!

When daddy was done, he came up behind her and threw his t-shirt over her head and she decided to start playing peekaboo with me! LOL

We went to Toys R Us and picked up a Jumparoo for Syd.

As usual, she LOVED her visit to Toys R Us.

Her hat was slipping down over her eyes so I pushed it up and got a pic because she looked like THE POPE:

She really enjoyed it. I did get pictures but, because I had set it up in front of the window, the pics didn’t really turn out:

I will be sure to take some more. She LOVES it. At first, we couldn’t turn on the music because it freaked her out but, now that she is used to the sensation of being in it, she likes the music and the bouncy sound it makes. We figured this would be great to start strengthening her legs in preparation for crawling and walking.

Saturday morning, Pat and Syd attending the Daddy and Me class at the Early Years Centre and I got the BEST picture of her giving love eyes to her daddy:

It is sooo sweet when she does it. We will be walking through the store and he will be pushing the cart and she will just stare at him with the doe eyes. It just melts my heart.

Saturday night when Pat left for his LAST night shift for a few weeks, it was the HARDEST one for some reason. I just wanted to hold on tight and NOT let him leave. But, I made it through and he came home on Sunday morning with a nice big Timmies! 😀 We had a visit from Grandma and Grandpa H on Sunday (Pat stayed up the whole day to get back on schedule for working today at 8am).

Syd was in good spirits as she had a good morning nap so, she sat and watched her Baby Einstein while we had lunch. After lunch we went down to the pool and Syd enjoyed it as much as the first time. However, towards the end, she was tired and hungry and had a mini meltdown. Thankfully, Baby P was there and she wasn’t swimming so, she brought Syd back up, fed her and put her down for a nap so we could stay down and enjoy the pool (although I didn’t make it into the hottub this time).

We got a cute pic of her after her nap laying on our bed. It REALLY shows of her baby pudge that I love soooo much:

Today, Pat had training so we dropped him off this morning and then went to our Baby Food Making class at the Early Years Centre. Syd was great and loved smiling at all the babies and flirting and playing cute with all of the mommies (and the one brave dad that came in place of his wife!!). We made watermelon (mixed with cereal to hold it together), apples, pears and, for the toddler finger food we made bananna pancakes (YUMMY). After our class we had a quick visit with my mom and then off to pick daddy up from work. We didn’t get in until 6:30 so, Syd was late getting in the tub and getting off to bed. She had some food troubles today (I think maybe an upset tummy) so, it was a task to get her to bed and then, she woke up at 10pm but, it took a bottle and she was out like a light again! Hopefully that was her only wake-up for the night! LOL

Well, I am off to bed because I am now yawning my face off.




  1. Awe

    Sydney is getting SO big!!! She’s such a cutie 🙂 Caden loved the jumparoo!!! When Dana came to visit me, Talia fell asleep in Caden’s jumparoo, it was so cute (we should have taken a pic Dana!). Glad Pat is on days for a while!


    • Re: Awe

      Nicole, I think we did take a picture of it (on your broken camera!) LMAO!

      • Re: Awe

        The jumparoo has been GREAT!! It is the one place where I can put her and she doesn’t need to be entertained after a few minutes. Thank GOD for Fisher Price.

  2. Sue, Syd is just getting too big! Wow, if I don’t see her for a couple of weeks, she looks so different!

    Glad Pat is on days so you guys can spend some time together as a family.


    • Pat being on days has been GREAT! I missed having him home at night soooo much.

      I cannot believe how fast she is growing up either Cath. I see her every day so I don’t notice it AS much but, there are days when I look at her and think…GEEZ when did that happen.

      For her 5 month B-day on friday I will have to blog pictures from her earliest days to see how much she has changed.

  3. What a cutie! If I was having more kids (which I am not!), I would have bought a jumparoo! They are amazing.

    • See, if we had planned it better, you could have bought it for Talia and then sold it to me!!! I liked it better than the exausaucer because it can be folded down if need be.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: