Posted by: mommyq | July 7, 2006

Update from the Quinn Household!!!

Hey everyone..long time no update! I have been busy dealing with mounds and mounds (well, I guess it would be more like puddles and puddles) of poop.

Syd is doing much better. We have not seen a fever since Monday night and her poops are slowly getting firmer. We had a follow up with her family doctor yesterday and, she is fairly certain that it is a viral infection that we are dealing with. I did mention to her that the ER doc thought it may have been a reaction to the milk but, she is fairly certain that it wasn’t the cause since Lactose Intolerance doesn’t ever come with a fever. However, she did suggest that we stick with the Lactose Free formula till her system gets back to normal because with any type of gastro type infection there is normally a temporary Lactose Intolerance problem (which is why they tell you to stay away from dairy when you have diarrhea).

Right now, I am in the throws of dealing with Markham Stoufville hospital regarding getting her lab results (from the stool sample that they took). My head is about ready to explode from the run around!! The lab results FINALLY came back this morning however, they were unable to give me the results over the phone. The lady that I spoke with said they would fax the results to our family doctor and we could call them to get them. Well, this was at 9:30 this morning and since then, I have called my family doctor a few times to find that nothing was faxed. I called MSH back to follow up and was informed (by somebody different that answered the phone) that they couldn’t fax the results to our doctor without a signed release form that needed to be faxed to their Health Records department!!!! (WHAT?!?!) As per them, “since we made no mention of a family doctor when we were in, there is no family doctor of record on file” Not once were we asked for family doctor information when we brought her in on Monday and, I had assumed that since we had brought her in to MSH before when she was little, that they had the information! So, I guess as a mom, it is my responsibility to make sure that everyone is doing there job correctly…even if it is 1:20 in the morning and I am exhausted from having to deal with a sick baby. Grrr, grrrr, grrr!!!

So, thankfully, Pat is only working till 3pm today and can head over to the doctor’s office on his way home to sign the release. However, I am betting that we will not be seeing any results until Monday!!! Is it sooo wrong that I JUST want to know what is/was wrong with my child??

Well, I am off to get some housework done but, before I go…I will leave you all with some pictures (as compensation for having to listen to the rantings of a tired mommy!):

and, some pictures taken at EXACTLY 2:16PM on Sunday, June 25th:

The cute photo matt we had for Sydney’s guestbook for her party:

And then just some random peeks from the last few weeks:

(Sydney and Tessa)

Thanks for looking! 🙂



  1. Oh Suzie- you must be soo frustrated. I’m glad to hear that Syd is doing better though. I hope you get the results from her lab tests soon. Have a great weekend!

    • Thanks Lor. If you can believe it, I STILL haven’t heard the official word on what the results said! I really freaking HATE doctors!

  2. Hey Sue!!

    Hope you are all feeling better by now!

    LOVE the pictures and I can’t wait to see you guys this weekend!!

    Love Dane 🙂

    • Hey Dane!!!

      We are feeling MUCH better thanks!!! Cannot wait to see you guys as well!!!!!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: