Posted by: mommyq | March 10, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Sweet Son!

Where has the time gone?  My little angel is TWO…when did that happen?

Noah is a pleasure.  He has that mix of adorable angel and, sparkly eyed trouble maker and he knows JUST how to work his charm on me.  It probably helps that he is a mamma’s boy through and through.  Just the other day, Patrick was hugging me and, Noah climed up on the bed, came over to us and, grabbed me, said, “nnnooooooooooo MINE” and pushed his daddy away! HA HA HA  I’m sure it won’t be as cute when he’s 30 but, for now it suits me JUST FINE! LMAO

He also never ceases to AMAZE us with how sharp he is.  Patrick always tells me, “Uhh, I think you should have layed off on the fish oil” LOL  because he is almost too smart for his own good!  He is loving, snuggly and, such a happy little guy.  His giggle lights up our home every day and, it is one of those things you hear that just instantly makes you smile.  At this very moment I cannot wait for him to wake up so I can shower that sweet little face with Birthday KISSES!!

And finally, as always, can’t have a birthday post without relfecting on how it all started:

Noah’s Birth Story:

Noah Matthew Quinn made his appearance on March 10th @ 12:08 AM weighing in at 6lbs 8oz, 20 inches with apgars of 9 and 9.

The Birth Story

It all started with my blood pressure which has been elevated a few times over the last little bit. I was under the impression we would be going in Saturday morning and, if I wasn’t in labour or, able to be induced, they would do a C-section. Well, it turns out the dr. on cal that day had different plans and, since BP, urine and blood all came back OK, baby was happy, healthy etc. he sent us home (in a snowstorm BTW). We decided to leave Syd at my mom’s house for the evening since the weather was bad and, we were hoping labour would start that day still. Well, at about 7ish, I started having some contractions that were MORE regularish. However, after a short time, I also had this pain in my chest/upper abdomen that didn’t go away and was constant. Pat checked my BP at the time and it was 160/100 so, I put my feet up and decided to check again in an hour to see if it persisted. By the time 10pm rolled around, I was in serious pain but, mostly from the chest pain since the contractions had become more irregular and, my blood pressure check showed a BP of 170/110! We got right in the car and made our way to the hospital AGAIN. We arrived at 11pm (storm was STILL raging) and, were put into a triage room for monitoring. The gave me something for heartburn (even though I insisted I had had plenty of that and this was COMPLETELY different) and we waited and watched the heartburn medication do NOTHING and, my blood pressure stay mostly up at the 150/90 range (in hindsight, I am betting the contractions made the BP higher when we were at home). I was miserable but, “stable” so, we kept watching and kept waiting. At about 4am, they decided to finally “admit” me. Now, during all of this, the leg was slightly MORE swollen than usual so, they went into the crazy “blood clot” mode again at this point. I mentioned to the doctor that at this point, could we not just DO a C-section and get this over with since I was suffering for nothing? He agreed but, wanted to get the results back from the leg doppler before they did. So, of course with it being 4am, it was the on-call guy servicing 3 hospitals that we were waiting on and, you I am sure won’t be surprised to hear that I didn’t have the scan done until about 10am. It was NEGATIVE (shocking) and so, since my blood work was also starting to change for the worse, they decided to go ahead with the section that day. Now, here is where it gets fun because apparently, they did 8 sections that Sunday and, I was the least “at risk” of all of them so, that was the reason for the wait. At 9pm, they FINALLY came and got me for the section and, we were wheeled over. I was wheeled into the operating room and, Pat was outside waiting to get gloved up and come in once all the prep was done. We were only in a few minutes and the doc was JUST getting prepped to do the spinal when a nurse came rushing in and, advised that we needed to be bumped as, there was a mom in labour and, baby was in fetal distressed. Obviously, I agreed and, was brought to a room to wait. They used the time to get some of the prep work done for the spinal and, get the IV in etc. so, when my time FINALLY came at 11pm, we were good. The next part SHOULD have been quick but, the anaesthesiologist decided he wanted an arterial line since my blood pressure was elevated. Well, I have been having vein issued since my infection in December (from being poked and prodded constantly) so, I knew this was going to be a challenge. It took a good 1/2 hour before he gave up and moved onto the spinal. That was relatively easy and painless and, when I laid back on the table, the anestesist was looking at my right wrist which I only assumed meant he wanted to give the arterial line another go. At this point, I had had enough and told him I didn’t want it and was refusing. I was tired of waiting for the section, tired of being poked with needles and, unless he could give me some EARTH shattering reason why it was necessary, I wanted nothing to do with it. He couldn’t so, we FINALLY got the show on the road!

The spinal was perfect and, although I could feel my legs and lower body, I could feel no pain pretty much from my chest down. The OB team came in and got everything underway and, Pat was by my side shortly after that. I was extremely nervous about feeling pain because of my last C-section ordeal so, I was a bit panicked until I knew they had started cutting and I knew I was feeling SQAT! LOL Pat kept me busy while they worked away and, we wondered if Noah would be a March 9th or 10th baby since we were nearing close to midnight. When they neared the end, I was warned I would feel some more pressure (which was nothing) and, I heard the doctor said, “squirmy little munchkin” and, two second later, we heard the cry and, they brought Noah around so that we could see him before taking him to get cleaned up. They cut the cord longer so, Pat got to cut it again which was something he was REALLY looking forward to and, the got him all cleaned up.

More pics can be found here .


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: